* Lamb- 2 lbs. (washed & cut into cubes)
* Large onion- 1 (finely chopped)
* Small tomatoes- 2 (puréed)
* Grated ginger- 1-inch piece
* Crushed garlic- 7 cloves
* Green chilies- 2 (finely chopped)
* Cinnamon- 1 stick
* Bay leaves- 2
* Cloves- 3
* Black cardamom- 1
* Black peppercorns- 10
* Red chili powder- 1 tsp
* Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
* Coriander powder- 1 tsp
* Garam masala powder- 1 tsp
* Plain yoghurt- 1/3 cup
* Oil- 1/2 cup
* Salt to taste
* Chopped cilantro (coriander) leaves
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the cinnamon, bay leaves, cloves, cardamom and peppercorns for a minute.
Add the onion and fry until golden.
Add the ginger-garlic, green chili, lamb and a tsp of salt and stir-fry over low heat for 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle little water if it is too dry.
Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala & 2 tablespoons of water and stir-fry for 5 more minutes.
Then add the puréed tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes. Stir constantly.
Now add 4 cups of water and lower the heat.
Add the whisked yoghurt.
Cook until the lamb is tender and fully cooked.
Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot.