Channa Dal Flour – 1 cup
Rice Flour – 1 tsp
Baking Soda – a pinch
Sugar – 1 1/2 cups
Edible Yellow Colour – a pinch
Oil – for frying
Saffron – a pinch
Borneal Flakes and Nutmeg – a little
Cloves – 5, powdered
Cardamom – 5, powdered
Fried Cashew Nuts – 5
Diamond Sugar Candy – 2 tsp
Raisins – 1 tsp
1. Sift and mix channa dal flour, rice flour and baking soda in a bowl.
2. Prepare a thick batter with necessary water.
3. Heat oil in a shallow kadai.
4. Hold the boondhi ladle close to the oil.
5. Pour the batter on it and rub vigorously with a spoon so that very tiny balls of boondhi’s fall into the oil.
6. Deep fry to a golden brown colour.
7. Remove and drain oil completely.
8. Meanwhile keep the sugar syrup ready.
9. Boil sugar with 1/2 cup water, add colour and saffron.
10. When the sugar syrup attains one-string consistency, turn off the flame.
11. Transfer the required amount of hot boondhis into the syrup as soon as they are fried. Turn over and mix carefully with a wooden ladle.
12. When the mixture is cool enough, add all powdered flavourings, sugar candy, fried cashew nuts and raisins.
13. Mix well again and roll into small balls.
14. Store in a cool dry place.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !