Pomfret – 1 kg
Chilli Powder – 1 tblsp
Refined Vegetable Oil – 1/4 cup
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Onion Paste – 1/2 cup
Cocum – 4 pieces, washed and soaked in water
Salt to taste
Curry Leaves – few
Water – 1 cup
1. Clean the fish well in salted water and make gashes on both sides.
2. Moisten the chilli powder with a little water and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan.
4. Add mustard seeds and allow to splutter.
5. Add the ground onion paste and saute over low heat until the oil separates and rises to the top.
6. Add chilli paste and saute until the aroma rises.
7. Add soaked cocum, salt, curry leaves and water to make a gravy.
8. Place the fish in the gravy and cook, turning the fish, taking care not to let it crumble.
9. Serve hot.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !