Grind to Paste:
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece
Green Chillies – 4
Garlic – 3 cloves (optional)
Coriander Leaves – 2 tblsp
Fresh Coconut Gratings – 2 tblsp
1. String and cut beans into large pieces.
2. Heat oil, season with cumin seeds, add onion along with turmeric powder and fry till browned.
3. Add ground paste, fry till oil surfaces; add beans, stir fry for a while.
4. Add salt, 1 1/2 – 2 cups water, cover and cook in low heat.
5. When almost done, add lemon juice, a pinch of sugar and garam masala, simmer for 1-2 minutes.
6. Remove from fire, add lemon juice and sprinkle some coriander leaves.
7. Serve hot with chapathis.