1 bunch of spinach
1 cup of green peas
1 medium sized tomato
1 medium sized onion
1 medium sized boiled potato
3-4 green chillies
1 tsp. cumin seeds
A pinch of asafoetida
1 tsp turmeric powder
Salt to taste
1. Cut spinach leaves and wash them properly.
2. Boil the cut spinach for 10 minutes in a very little amount of water.
3. Allow to cool for sometime.
4. Grind the cooled spinach along with the green chillies to a fine paste. This paste must be semi liquid.
5. Chop onion and tomatoes into small pieces.
6. Cut the boiled potato into evenly shaped cubes.
7. Heat oil in a pan. Add the cumin seeds and asafoetida. Add the onions, peas and tomatoes. Fry for 2-3 mins.
8. Add the potato cubes and allow to cook on medium flame for 5 mins.
9. Once the onions and tomatoes are cooked, add the spinach-chilli paste to the above.
10. Add turmeric powder and salt to taste.
11. Simmer it for 10 mins.
12. Serve with rotis / parathas.