Flour – 230 gms
Sugar – 115 gms
Butter – 115 gms
Egg yolks – 2
Almond essence plus a few almonds
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Milk, if necessary
1. Cream the butter and sugar together.
2. Add a few drops of almond essence.
3. Beat the eggs and add it with the flour.
4. The baking powder must be mixed with the flour.
5. Work up with the hand into a slightly stiff paste using a little milk if necessary.
6. Roll out rather thinly.
7. Stamp it out into small rounds with a cutter and place them on a greased and floured tin.
8. Bake in a moderate oven until a golden brown colour.
9. After the biscuits cool, brush them over with a mix of egg white and sugar.
10. Sprinkle with the almonds which should be chopped and browned.
11. Return to the oven for a few minutes to dry.