Potatoes – 225 gms
Groundnut Oil – 5 tblsp
Ground Cumin – 1 tsp
Ground Coriander – 1 tsp
Ground Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
Cayenne Pepper – 1/4 tsp
Fresh Green Chilli – 1, seeded and finely chopped
Cauliflower – 1 medium, broken into small florets
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Garlic – 2 cloves, cut into shreds
Fresh Coriander – 1 to 2 tblsp, finely chopped
Salt as required
1. Cook the potatoes in their skins in boiling salted water for about 20 minutes until just tender.
2. Drain and leave to cool. When cool enough to handle, peel and cut into 1 inch cubes.
3. Heat 3 tblsp of the oil in a frying pan or wok. When hot, add the ground cumin, coriander, turmeric, cayenne pepper and chilli. Let the spices sizzle for a few seconds.
4. Add the cauliflower and about 4 tblsp water. Cook over medium heat, stirring continuously for 6 to 8 minutes.
5. Add the potatoes and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt, then remove from the heat.
6. Heat the remaining oil in a small frying pan. When hot, add the cumin seeds and garlic and cook until lightly browned.
7. Pour the mixture over the vegetables.
8. Sprinkle with the chopped coriander and serve immediately.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !