Oil – 2 tsp
Onion Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Curry Leaves – 4
Onions – 2 medium, diced
Tomatoes – 400 gms
Ground Cumin – 1 tsp
Ground Coriander – 1 1/2 tsp
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Fresh Root Ginger – 1 tsp, grated
Garlic – 1 tsp, crushed
Ground Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Lemon Juice – 1 tblsp
Fresh Coriander – 1 tblsp, chopped
Potatoes – 2 medium, diced
1. Heat the oil in a kadai and add the onion seeds, curry leaves and diced onions. Fry over a medium heat for a few minutes, stirring occasionally and being careful not to burn the onions.
2. Place the tomatoes in a bowl and ad the ground cumin and coriander, chilli powder, ginger, garlic, turmeric, salt, lemon juice and fresh coriander. Mix the ingredients together until well blended.
3. Pour this mixture into the pan and stir for about 1 minute to mix thoroughly with the onions.
4. Finally, add the diced potatoes, cover the pan and cook gently for 7-10 minutes over low heat.
5. Check that the potatoes are properly cooked, then serve.