Okra – 450 gms
Oil – 15 ml
Onion Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Fresh Green Chillies – 3 medium, chopped
Onion – 1 medium, sliced
Ground Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Plain Yogurt – 1 tblsp
Tomatoes – 2 medium, sliced
Fresh Coriander – 1 tblsp, chopped
Chappatis – to serve
1. Wash and trim the okra, cut into 1/2 inch pieces and place in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a medium, heavy pan, add the onion seeds, green chillies and onion, and fry for about 5 minutes until the onion has turned golden brown.
3. Reduce the heat. Add the ground turmeric and salt to the onions and fry for about 1 minute.
4. Next, add the prepared okra, turn the heat to medium-high and quickly stir-fry the okra until they are lightly golden.
5. Stir in the yogurt, tomatoes and finally, the coriander. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
6. Transfer the okra to a serving dish and serve immediately with chapathis.