Soft and aromatic flat bread with a spicy potato and herbs stuffing.
Ingredients for Aloo Paratha
- 1 Cup Wheat Flour 250g approx
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Oil as required
- Warm Water as required
- 1 tbsp Ghee or Butter
For the stuffing:
- 2 Potatoes medium, peeled, boiled, mashed
- Red Chilli Powder a pinch
- 1/4 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves chopped
How to make Aloo Paratha
- Sift together the wheat flour with salt & Mix well
- Gently pour the water and knead to a soft dough. Knead until the dough becomes very pliable.
- Cover and keep aside in a warm place for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine all the stuffing ingredients and mix well.
- Make small-medium sized balls of the dough and flatten them.
- Roll them into a small-medium cirle on a floured surface.
- Spoon approx 1 tbsp of the filling and spread it evenly on one side.
- Cover it with another uncooked paratha and carefully seal the edges, using little water if required.
- Repeat the same for the remaining dough.
- Heat a tawa over medium flame.
- Cook the prepared parathas until reddish-brown spots appear.
- Flip the paratha and cook the other side for 30 to 40 seconds, adding little ghee/butter
- Remove and brush the top with melted ghee or butter.
- Serve hot with curd and pickle.