Kung Pao Chicken is a classic Chinese dish especially in the Sichuan province of China. A popular stir-fry dish this is best served with steamed rice.
Chicken Breast – 500 gms, skinless, boneless, chopped
Chinese Rice Wine (or Dry Sherry) – 2 tsp
Corn Flour – 2 tblsp
Oil – 3 to 4 tblsp
Peppercorns – 1 tblsp
Red & Green Capsicums – 1/2 cup, chopped, seeds removed
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tblsp
Dry Red Chillies – 16 to 20, chopped
Spring Onions – 2, trimmed, chopped
Peanuts – 1/4 cup, roasted, to garnish
For the Sauce:
Dark Soy Sauce – 1 tsp
Soy Sauce – 3 tblsp
Balsamic Vinegar – 2 tsp
Chinese Rice Wine or Dry Sherry – 1 tsp
Sugar – 2 tsp
White Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
Water – 1/4 cup
Corn Flour – 2 tsp
1. Mix all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and keep aside.
2. Transfer the chicken pieces to a large bowl.
3. Add the chinese rice wine and corn flour.
4. Mix well and keep aside for 20 to 30 minutes.
5. Heat 1 tblsp of oil in a pan over medium flame.
6. Saute the marinated chicken pieces until half-cooked.
7. Remove and keep aside.
8. Add all the remaining oil to the pan.
9. Add the peppercorns, ginger garlic paste and stir quickly.
10. Add the red chillies and fry for a minute.
11. Add the chicken pieces, capsicums and the sauce.
12. Stir until evenly mixed and all the chicken pieces are evenly coated.
13. Add the spring onions and peanuts.
14. Mix well.
15. Remove and serve with steamed rice.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !