1 Pomfret or any other white fleshed Fish, cleaned
250 gms Brinjals, cut into long finger like slices
1 lime sized ball of Tamarind
1 tblsp Mustard seeds
1 Onion, big, sliced
1 tblsp Coriander seeds
1 tblsp Poppy seeds
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1 tblsp Ginger, grated
1 tblsp Garlic, grated
6 Red Chillies
1 Onion, medium
Salt to taste
1. Apply salt and turmeric powder on slices of fish and set them aside for half an hour.
2. Roast together coriander, cumin and poppy seeds, 1 medium onion, ginger, garlic, chillies and coconut.
3. Grind this mixture to a fine paste.
4. Fry the fish lightly in oil.
5. Soak tamarind in one cup hot water and then squeeze out the juice.
6. Heat 3 tblsp of oil and put in the mustard seeds and when the seeds stop popping, add the sliced onions and fry till soft.
7. Add the ground paste and fry nicely.
8. Add brinjals and mix well, add tamarind and 3 cups of water.
9. When the brinjals are almost done, put in the fish.
10. Remove the curry from fire when the brinjals are cooked.
11. Serve hot.