1 medium sized Cauliflower
2 large Potatoes
2 Green Chillies
1 tbsp Coriander and Cumin seeds, ground to paste
1 Bay Leaf
1 tsp Garam Masala powder
1 tsp Whole Cumin Seeds
1/2 tsp Sugar
2 tsp Ghee
Salt to taste
1. Cut the cauliflower into large pieces, without its leaves.
2. Cut the potatoes into rounded shapes and wash. Lightly fry both separately and remove.
3. Put fresh oil in a kadai. When hot, add whole cumin and bay leaf. Mix the spices in a little water and add it to the oil adn fry till it leaves the sides. Keep sprinkling water.
4. Put the vegetables, already half-fried. Toss them in the spices.
5. When they give off an aroma, add half a cup of water. Lower heat and simmer.
6. Lastly add tomatoes, green chillies, salt and sugar. You may also add fresh green peas if you wish.
7. Once the gravy is thick, add pure ghee and ground garam masala. Serve hot.