1 Chicken, cut into medium sized pieces
2 Coconuts, grated
250 gms Onions
6 Green Chillies, slit lengthwise
1 inch piece of Ginger, ground to paste
2 sprigs Curry leaves
100 ml Refined oil
50 ml Coconut oil
25 gms Coriander seeds
8 Red Chillies
10 gms Fennel seeds
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
Salt to taste
1. Roast the coriander seeds, red chillies and fennel seeds and grind to a smooth paste along with onions.
2. Mix turmeric powder, slit green chillies, ginger paste and salt. Marinate the chicken pieces in this mixture for half an hour.
3. Heat the oils (refined and coconut) in a kadai and fry the ground masala paste till the oil floats on top.
4. Add the chicken pieces, saute for a few minutes, sprinkle 1/2 cup water, cover and cook on medium heat until done.
5. Grind the coconut, extract the milk, add to the curry.
6. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, curry leaves and 2 whole red chillies. Pour over curry. Serve hot.
Chicken in Coconut Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
- 5 Health Benefits Of Choosing A Low Carb Diet A low carbohydrate (carb) diet refers to a limitation of carbohydrates intake in our diet and instead addition of foods...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Chicken in Coconut Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.