Aloo Cheese Sev (Potato Cheese Sev) is a classic crunchy snack that will make you want for more. The traditional Sev is made using only potatoes, this variation uses cheese and is a favorite with kids and adults alike. Serve it as a snack.
- Potatoes – 1, big
- Bengal Gram Flour – 1 1/2 cup
- Rice Flour – 1/2 cup
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 14 tsp
- Butter – 1 tsp
- Carom Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cheese Cubes – 1 big, grated
- Oil – As Required
- Salt to Taste
- Boil and peel the outer skin of potato.
- Mash it without any lumps.
- Except oil, mix all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Knead them with required water to form dough consistency.
- Heat oil in a kadai for deep frying.
- Add some of the dough to an ompodi maker.
- Press the ompodi maker over the hot oil.
- Fry till light golden brown and remove the excess oil using kitchen tissues
- When it is cooled down, transfer them into an air tight jar.
- Cheese will have salt in it, hence add little salt and if required add further.
image via Indiamart