Aloo Cheese Sev (Potato Cheese Sev) is a classic crunchy snack that will make you want for more. The traditional Sev is made using only potatoes, this variation uses cheese and is a favorite with kids and adults alike. Serve it as a snack.
Potato Cheese Sev
Ingredients for Potato Cheese Sev
- 1 Potato big
- 1 1/2 cup Bengal Gram Flour
- 1/2 cup Rice Flour
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Butter
- 1/2 tsp Carom Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Cheese Cube grated
- Oil as required
- Salt as per taste
How to make Potato Cheese Sev
- Boil and peel the outer skin of potato.
- Mash it without any lumps.
- Except oil, mix all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Knead them with required water to form dough consistency.
- Heat oil in a kadai for deep frying.
- Add some of the dough to an ompodi maker.
- Press the ompodi maker over the hot oil.
- Fry till light golden brown and remove the excess oil using kitchen tissues
- When it is cooled down, transfer them into an air tight jar.
image via Indiamart