Rasmalai is a popular Bengali dessert. This Bread Rasmalai is a variation of the popular dessert that can be made instantly and is yummy as the original. Suited for all occasions and festivals.
- Bread Slices – 3
- Fresh Cream – 1/4 cup
- Milk – 1 1/2 cups
- Condensed Milk – 5 tblsp
- Saffron – Few strands
- Cardamon Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Almonds – 1 tblsp
- Pistachio – 1 tblsp
- Soak the saffron strands in hot milk for 10 minutes.
- Take the bread slices, using a cup make circle shape cuts and discard the remaining pieces.
- Keep the circle shape bread pieces aside.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan and boil the milk.
- When it starts to boil, reduce the flame to low and keep stirring.
- Follow this process for 15 minutes.
- Add the fresh cream and condensed milk to the milk.
- Mix well and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the saffron milk and cardamon powder .
- Remove from flame and let it cool down.
- arrange the bread slices in a bowl/plate and pour the milk mixture over it.
- Pour little milk mixture,just to soak it.
- Refrigerate the bread pieces and the milk mixture separately.
- While serving, add the the remaining milk and sprinkle some grated almonds and pistachios on top.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !