Thattai is one of the most famous snacks in South India. A crispy and crunchy snack, they are perfect for any occasion whether it is a party, teatime or a festival. This Saamai Thattai variation is made using Saamai flour (Little Millet flour).
- Saamai Flour – 1 cup
- Urad Dal – 1/4 cup
- Fried Gram Flour – 1/4 cup
- Bengal Gram Dal – 2 tblsp
- Black Sesame Seeds – 1 tsp
- Salt to Taste
- Chilli Flakes – 1 tsp
- Oil for deep frying
- Sieve the urad dal flour and keep it.
- Soak the bengal gram dal in water for an hour.
- Take a bowl, add all the ingredients except oil and mix well.
- Add water little by little and knead them to a dough consistency.
- Take a banana leaf and place medium size ball of the dough and flatten them.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
- Fry the prepared thattais till light golden brown.
- Drain excess oil and store in an airtight container.