Mango Kesari (Mango Sheera) is a popular dessert/sweet made especially during the summer season when mangoes are in plenty. Yummy and flavorful, they are served as a snack to kids or as a dessert after a meal.
Mango Pulp – 1 cup
Rava – 2 cups
Milk – 2 cups
Sugar – 2 cups
Water – 2 cups
Cashew Nuts – 1 tblsp
Raisins – 2 tsp
Ghee – 100 ml
1. Heat little ghee in a pan over medium flame.
2. Add rava and cook until it is golden.
3. Remove and keep aside.
4. Add some more ghee to the same pan.
5. Fry the cashew nuts and raisins for a minute and remove.
6. Mix mango pulp, milk, water and sugar in a pan.
7. Place it over low-medium flame.
8. Stir well and remove when it starts to bubble or the sugar has fully dissolved.
9. Heat a deep pan over medium flame.
10. Add rava and enough water.
11. Simmer until the rava is cooked and water has almost evaporated.
12. Add the mango pulp mixture and stir well.
13. When it starts to thicken, remove it from the flame.
14. Garnish with fried cashews and raisins.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !