Flour – 200 gms
Sugar – 2 tsp
Milk – 1 1/2 – 2 litres
Suji – 3 tsp
Bread – 2 to 3, toasted stiff but not brown and powdered
Nutmeg – 1 sliver, powdered
Ghee and oil as required
To make dough:
Flour – 250 gms
Sugar – 4 tsp
Water as required
Ghee – 2 tsp
For sugar syrup
Water – 4 cups
Sugar – 2 cups
To make kheer
1. Boil the milk in a pan.
2. Add about 2 tsp of sugar and 1 tsp of suji.
3. Let the mixture thicken and be reduced to about half its original quantity.
4. Add another 2 tsp of sooji and the powdered toast.
5. Let the kheer thicken a little more.
6. Finally add the nutmeg.
7. Remove from heat and set aside.
To make dough
1. Make the dough by mixing the flour, ghee, sugar and water.
To make sugar syrup
1. Boil water in a pan and add sugar to it.
2. Stir and heat the mixture till it acquires a very thick consistency.
3. Remove from flame and set aside to cool.
Method for chop
1. Take a portion of the dough and put a little kheer in the centre.
2. Seal the mixture by stretching the dough over it very slowly.
3. Form an oval shape with it by gently putting it with the hand.
4. Heat some oil in a shallow pan.
5. Deep fry the chops till they turn golden brown in colour.
6. When cooked, gently toss them in the sugar syrup and serve.