Kovakkai Poriyal is a popular South Indian side dish made using Ivy Gourd and is served with rice dishes for lunch or dinner.
Kovakkai (Ivy Gourd / Tindora) – 250 gms
Onion – 1, medium, finely chopped
Tomato – 1, small, finely chopped
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – a small pinch
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Slice the kovakkai and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
3. Saute the onions and tomatoes for a minute.
4. Add the kovakkai pieces, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt.
5. Stir well and cover the pan with a lid.
6. Keep stirring from time to time until the kovakkais are cooked.
7. Switch off the flame.