Rice dhokla is a popular Gujarati snack made with batter from rice and urad dal. This dish is steamed and served with a variety of chutneys and sauces. It is easy to make and can be enjoyed as a snack or a light meal.
- 3 cup Rice
- 1 cup Urad Dal
- 1 cup Curd
- 3 cup Hot Water
- 6 Green Chillies
- as per taste Salt
- 1/2 inch Ginger
- a pinch Asafoetida Powder
- 1/2 tsp Soda Bicarb
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Black Peppercorns powdered
- Wash the rice and dal together.
- Spread out to dry under the sun and grind to a rawa consistency.
- Mix the water and curd in a large bowl.
- Add the ground rice and dal.
- Mix well and cover with a lid.
- Grind the green chillies, ginger, salt, asafoetida, oil and soda bicarb together.
- Add to the rice mixture.
- Transfer to a greased plate and sprinkle pepper on top.
- Steam cook for 15 minutes and remove.
- Cut into small pieces and serve with mint chutney.