A light and delicious salad with chicken tossed with apples, walnuts and pomegranate seeds. Perfect for light lunch, dinner or for picnics.
Chicken Breast Fillets – 350 gms
Garlic – 1 small clove, crushed
Extra-Virgin Olive Oil – 3 tsp
Green (or Red) Apple – 1, finely sliced
Black Grapes – 1/4 cup
Salad Greens (or Lettuce) – 1 1/2 cups
Walnuts – 25 gms
Pomegranate Seeds – 2 tblsp
Salt as per taste
Black Pepper Powder as per taste
For the dressing:
White Balsamic Vinegar – 3 tsp
Spring Onions – 3 tsp, finely chopped
Extra-Virgin Olive Oil – 1 1/2 tsp
1. Combine the salt, pepper powder, oil and garlic in a large bowl.
2. Add the chicken and toss well to coat.
3. Chargrill the chicken for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
4. Slice and keep aside.
5. Toast the walnuts and roughly chop them.
6. Combine all the dressing ingredients, salt and pepper powder in a bowl.
7. Combine the apples, grapes, walnuts, pomegranate seeds and dressing in a bowl.
8. Place the salad greens on a plate and top up with the chicken pieces.
9. Pour the dressing mixture on top.
10. Serve at once.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !