A different variety of dosa with Pav Bhaji filling popular in Mumbai. A delicious and yummy dosa variation.
Dosa Batter as required
Onion – 1
Tomato – 1
Potato – 1, medium, boiled, peeled, mashed
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1/2 tsp
Green Chillies – 2
Green Peas – 1/2 cup
Capsicum – 2 tblsp, chopped
Butter – 3 tblsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Pav Bhaji Masala Powder – 3 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Lemon Juice – 3 tsp
Sugar as per taste
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Heat little oil in a pan over medium flame.
2. Fry the cumin seeds for 15 seconds.
3. Add the onions, green chillies and saute for a minute or two.
4. Add the ginger garlic paste and stir well.
5. Add the tomatoes and cook until well mashed.
6. Add the capsicums, mashed potatoes, red chilli powder, salt, sugar and pav bhaji masala powder.
7. Mix well.
8. Pour enough water and cook until the raw smell disappears.
9. When the water has almost evaporated, add lemon juice and coriander leaves.
10. Stir well.
11. Add butter and stir gently once.
12. Switch off the flame.
13. Heat a dosa tawa over medium flame.
14. Pour a ladleful of the batter and spread evenly.
15. Add 2 to 3 tsp of the masala and spread well.
16. Fold the dosa and cook until golden brown.
17. Remove and serve hot with side dish of choice or with some of the pav bhaji masala.
Yummy I tried it is really good