Maida – 1 1/2 cups
Almonds – 1 tblsp
Saffron – little
Ghee – 1 tsp
Kesar yellow colour – little
Oil and Ghee – for deep frying
For sugar syrup
Sugar – 1 1/2 cups
Water – 3/4 cup
Make into paste
Rice flour – 1/4 cup
Ghee or vanaspathi – 1/4 cup
1. Sieve maida, mix saffron, colour to the flour.
2. Soak almonds in hot water for 10 minutes.
3. Remove skin and grind to smooth paste with just enough water.
4. Mix this paste with the washed water to maida and mix well.
5. If necessary add more water and knead like a chappati dough.
6. Add one teaspoon of melted ghee and mix well.
7. Rub ghee with rice flour in a flat plate for about 5-10 minutes till it becomes shiny.
8. Mix sugar and water together, boil till it reaches one string consistency.
9. Divide maida dough into medium sized balls.
10. Roll out into thin chappathis.
11. Apply little rice, ghee paste on top of one chappathi evenly.
12. Keep one more chappathi on top and apply paste.
13. Repeat till 5 or 6 layers are formed.
14. Roll tightly from one end to form a cyclinder.
15. Cut the cylinder into thin round pieces. Lightly roll each piece, using maida for dusting.
16. Deep fry these in moderately hot oil till crisp.
17. Dip it in hot syrup and arrange on a flat plate.
Decorate with chopped fried nuts.