A delicious lip-smacking dish, the Tawa Chicken Fry is easy to make and can be served as a starter or as an appetizer to a meal.
Chicken – 500 gms
Gram Flour – small handful
Juice of 1 Lemon
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tblsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/3 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1/3 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Red Chilli Paste – 3 tsp
Saunf – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Clean, wash and dice the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
2. Combine the gram flour, lemon juice, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder, curry leaves, red chilli paste, saunf, cumin seeds and salt in a bowl.
3. Mix well with a little water.
4. Add the chicken pieces and mix until evenly coated.
5. Keep aside for 45 to 75 minutes.
6. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
7. Fry the chicken pieces until golden brown and cooked.
8. Remove and drain excess oil.
9. Serve with mint chutney.