Chicken – 1 kg, cut into pieces
Ginger Paste – 3 tbsp
Garlic Paste- 5 tsp
Mustard Oil – 5 tbsp
Fenugreek Seeds – 1 tsp
Red Chilli Paste – 3 tsp
Salt to Taste
Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Mint Leaves – 3 tbsp, chopped
Green Coriander – 1/2 cup, chopped
Green Chillies – 3 tbsp, chopped
Tomatoes – 1/2 cup, chopped
1. Apply the chicken pieces with half the ginger and garlic pastes and salt and keep aside.
2. Heat mustard oil in a pan.
3. Add the mustard and fenugreek seeds and saute till they crackle.
4. Add red chilli paste, the remaining ginger and garlic pastes, salt, cumin, coriander, mustard and garam masala.
5. Prepare a paste by blending together mint, coriander and green chillies and add to the pan.
6. Add chicken pieces to the gravy and cook till the oil separates.
7. Add a little water, cook on low heat for 15 to 20 minutes or till done.
8. Remove from heat.
9. Garnish with tomatoes.