Chicken Tikka is a popular Indian dish. Made with chicken pieces marinated in a yogurt and spices marinade and grilled or deep fried. Typically served as a starter/appetizer, this version of Chicken Tikka is grilled instead of deep fried. Serve with mint chutney, lemon slices and salad.
Chicken Thigh Fillets – 3 to 4
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 to 3 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Plain Yogurt – 1/4 cup
Red Chilli Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
Oil as required
Lemon Slices to serve
1. Lightly whisk the yogurt in a large bowl.
2. Add the ginger garlic paste, garam masala powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and cumin powder.
3. Mix well and add the chicken fillets.
4. Mix well until evenly coated.
5. Cover the pan with cling film and keep it in the fridge for 60 to 90 minutes.
6. Heat a chargrill pan over high flame.
7. Remove the chicken pieces from the fridge.
8. Add some oil to the pan and place the marinated chicken fillets.
9. Cook on both sides for for about 2 to 3 minutes each side or until browned and cooked.
10. Remove and cover with foil.
11. Keep aside to cool.
12. Cut into pieces and transfer to a serving dish.
13. Garnish with lemon slices and coriander leaves.
14. Serve with mint chutney and a basic onion salad.