Kids would love this delicious evening snack. Easy and simple to make, this Egg Bajji is can also be served as a tea time snack.
Eggs – 2, boiled, sliced
Gram Flour – 1/4 cup
Asafoetida Powder – 1/4 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Rice Flour – 4 tsp
Maida – 4 tsp
Baking Soda – a pinch
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Mix the gram flour, rice flour, maida, baking soda, red chilli powder, asafoetida powder, salt and cumin powder.
2. Add enough water and mix well to a bajji batter consistency. The batter should not be too thin or too thick and should be of pouring consistency.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan.
4. Dip the egg slices in the batter and add to the hot oil.
5. Fry till golden brown.
6. Remove and drain excess oil.
7. Serve hot with chutney of choice.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !