A quick and easy to made Middle Eastern dish that can be served for any meal. Best served with lemon wedges along with naan or biryani.
Minced Lamb – 250 gms
Breadcrumbs – 1/2 cup
Onion – 1, small, finely chopped
Egg – 1, beaten
Mint Leaves – handful, finely chopped
Coriander Leaves – handful, finely chopped
Cinnamon Powder – 1 tsp
Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Black Pepper Powder as per taste
Wooden Skewers – few, soaked in cold water for 30 minutes
Olive Oil – little
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Red Chilli Flakes – 1/4 tsp
1. Combine the minced lamb and breadcrumbs in a bowl.
2. Mix well.
3. Add the onions, mint leaves, coriander leaves, cinnamon powder, cardamom powder, cumin powder, red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
4. Sprinkle some salt and pepper powder.
5. Mix well.
6. Add the egg and mix again until all ingredients are evenly combined.
7. Make small balls of the mixture and insert a skewer into the center.
8. Gently press the mixture around the skewer and keep aside.
9. Heat a grill pan over medium flame.
10. Add some olive oil and grill the prepared koftas until golden brown on all sides.
11. Remove and serve with naan/parathas and lemon wedges.