Masala Dosa is one of the most popular dosa variety often served as a breakfast dish or as a meal by itself. While the classic Masala Dosa has a potato masala filling, these days there are numerous choices available.
Mushrooms – 1 cup, finely chopped
Onions – 2, finely chopped
Capsicums – 2, finely chopped
Ajinomoto – a pinch (optional)
Salt as per taste
Pepper Powder as per taste
Chilli Sauce – 1 tblsp
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Oil as required
Idly/Dosa Batter as required
1. Heat little oil in a pan.
2. Saute the onions and capsicums for 2 minutes.
3. Add ajinomoto, mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add salt, pepper powder, chilli sauce, ginger garlic paste, cumin seeds and stir well.
5. Cook for a minute and switch off the flame.
6. Heat a dosa tawa over medium flame.
7. Pour a ladleful of the batter and spread evenly.
8. Cook for a minute or until the dosa is crisp.
9. Spoon over some of the mushroom masala and cook for another minute.
10. Fold, remove and serve hot with sambar and chutney of choice.