Impress your guests with this simple, delicious dessert. For a non-alcoholic version, use any flavoured sparkling water.
Chocolate Cake – 200 gms (readymade)
Strawberries – 1/2 cup, chopped
Champagne – 3/4 cup (or Sparkling water for a non-alcoholic version)
Water – 1/4 cup
Eggs – 2
Sugar – 50 gms
Corn Flour – 1 1/2 tsp
Vanilla Extract – 1/2 tsp
1. Cut the cake into small pieces.
2. Combine the champagne, water, eggs, sugar, corn flour and vanilla extract in a bowl.
3. Whisk well.
4. Heat a pan of water over medium flame.
5. Place the bowl over the water, but ensure the bowl does not touch the water.
6. Whisk well until thick and remove from flame.
7. Allow it to cool.
8. Add some of the cake and stawberries to a champagne glass (or any serving bowl).
9. Top up with the champagne custard and keep it in the fridge if required.
Tip: If desired, garnish with some grated chocolates.