A simple, delicious and tasty evening snack with dry peas (pattani), onions and tomatoes (optional).
Dry Peas – 1/2 cup
Plain Puris (ones used for Pani Puri) – 5 to 6, crushed (available in supermarkets)
Onion – 1, small, finely chopped
Tomato – 1/2, small, seeds removed, finely chopped (optional)
Cumin Seeds – little
Green Chillies – 2, chopped
Thick Curd – 1/4 cup
Sweet Chutney for Chaat – 1/2 tsp
Chaat Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Plain Sev – handful
Coriander Leaves – few
Oil – 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Soak the peas overnight and pressure cook until soft.
2. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
3. Add the cumin seeds and fry for 10 seconds.
4. Add the green chillies, cooked peas and stir well for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Transfer to a serving bowl.
6. Add all the other ingredients and mix well.
7. Serve at once.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !