Murukku is a popular and a crispy snack from South India made with rice and dal flour. This variation uses Coconut Milk.
Raw Rice – 2 cups
Urad Dal – 1/4 cup
Coconut Milk – 1/2 cup
Butter – 2 tsp, melted
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Dry roast the urad dal for a minute over medium flame.
2. Add this to the rice and grind to a fine powder.
3. Sieve the flour and transfer to a bowl.
4. Add salt and butter.
5. Mix well.
6. Add coconut milk and mix well a thick dough.
7. Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
8. Add the dough to a murukku maker and gently press over hot oil to make concentric circles.
9. Fry until light golden brown.
10. Remove and drain excess oil.
11. Store in an airtight container.