Made using leftover chapatis, this dish can be served as a quick breakfast or evening snack.
Chapati – 3 to 4, preferably leftovers
Onion – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
Tomato – 2 tblsp, finely chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 to 2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – a pinch
Salt – a small pinch
Pepper Powder – a pinch
Oil – little
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
Bengal Gram Dal – little
Cumin Seeds – little
1. Chop or tear the chapatis into small pices.
2. Heat little oil in a pan over medium flame.
3. Add the bengal gram dal, cumin seeds, ginger garlic paste and fry for 30 seconds.
4. Add the onions and saute the onions for a minute or two.
5. Add the tomatoes, red chilli powder, salt, pepper powder and cook for another 2 minutes.
6. Now add the chapati pieces and mix well.
7. Cook until the chapati pieces are warm and mixed evenly.
8. Transfer to a serving plate.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves.
10. Serve at once.