Raw Rice Flour – 250 gms
Dates – 1/2 cup, chopped, seedless
Cashew Nuts – 1 tsp
Cardamom Powder – a pinch
Jaggery – 1/2 cup, powdered
Ghee – 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Heat ghee in a pan over medium flame.
2. Stir-fry the dates and cashew nuts for a minute.
3. Add the jaggery and stir well.
4. Cook until thickened and add the cardamom powder.
5. Remove from flame.
6. Heat a pan of water over medium flame.
7. When it starts to boil, add the rice flour and salt.
8. Mix well and remove from flame when slightly thickened.
9. Make small cups of the dough and add some of the dates filling.
10. Fold well and place them on idly plates. You can fold into desired shapes.
11. Steam cook the prepared kozhukattais for 1 or 2 minutes.
12. Remove and serve.