A simple to make evening snack (or appetizer) dish with spinach, these croquettes is best served warm with chilli sauce or mint chutney.
Spinach – 1 bunch, cleaned, washed
Spring Onions (or Onions) – 1/4 cup, chopped
Garlic – 1 clove, finely chopped
Extra-Virgin Olive Oil (or Vegetable Oil) – 3 tblsp
Maida (Plain Flour) – 2 tsp
Milk – 1/4 cup
Corn Flour – 2 to 3 tblsp
Breadcrumbs – 1 cup
Salt as per taste
Black Pepper Powder as per taste
Oil for frying
1. Boil the spinach leaves in lightly salted water for 5 minutes.
2. Drain and finely chop the leaves.
3. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium flame.
4. Add the spring onions and garlic.
5. Saute for a minute.
6. Add the spinach, salt, pepper powder and stir well.
7. Add the maida and mix well. Add the milk
8. Mix well for 3 to 5 minutes or until creamy.
9. Remove the pan from the flame and keep it in the fridge for 60 minutes.
10. Make small balls of the dough. You can also shape them into desired shapes.
11. Mix the corn flour with little water.
12. Dip the prepared balls in the corn batter and roll them in the breadcrumbs.
13. Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
14. Fry the prepared croquettes until golden brown.
15. Remove and drain excess oil.
16. Serve hot with sauce or mint chutney.
If regular palak is not available, you can try with other varieties.
This dish can be bland to some, so if needed add 1tsp of red chilli powder (or as per taste).
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !