Udupi style Kosambari. Serve as a salad or as part of a meal.
Cucumber – 1
Moong Dal – 3/4 cup
Coconut – 3 tblsp
Mor Milagai (Sun dried Chillies) – 2
Oil – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Coriander Leaves – little, finely chopped (optional)
1. Peel the cucumber if desired and finely chop.
2. Soak the dal for 30 minutes and drain well.
3. Dry roast in a pan for a minute and remove.
4. Combine the dal, cucumber, coconut, chillies, salt and oil.
5. Mix well and serve at once.
Tip: If you are making this in advance, then add salt just before serving. Otherwise it will become watery.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !