Knol Khol (or known as Kohlrabi or German Turnip) is rich in vitamins and dietary fiber.
Tender Knol Khol – 3
Sambar Powder – 2 tsp
Toor Dal – 100 gms
Oil – 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds – little
Urad Dal – 1/2 tsp
Fenugreek Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – little
Tamarind Extract – 1 cup
Salt as per taste
1. Peel and chop the knol khols.
2. Boil them in a pan of water until tender and drain well.
3. Add 2 cups of water to toor dal and pressure cook until 3 whistles.
4. Heat the tamarind extract in a pan.
5. Add sambar powder, salt and bring to a boil.
6. Add the boiled knol khol and dal.
7. Stir well and simmer.
8. Heat little oil in a frying pan.
9. Fry the mustard seeds, urad dal, fenugreek seeds and asafoetida powder for 30 seconds.
10. Add to the sambar and bring to a boil.
11. Remove and serve hot with rice.