Scones are one of the most popular and traditional part of British afternoon tea or snack. Generally served with jam and cream, these days there are a lot of variations to this popular snack.
Maida – 110 gms
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Caster Sugar – 12.5 gms
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Milk – 75 ml
Butter – 25 gms
1. Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a bowl.
2. Add the butter and mix until it looks like breadcrumbs.
3. Gently pour the milk and mix until firm.
4. Transfer to a floured surface and shape them into 1cm thick circles, using a cutter or a cup.
5. Brush the top with milk and place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 200C for 10 to 12 minutes or until firm and risen.
7. Remove and cool.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !