Rich and chocolaty, this makes a great breakfast dish to wake to, especially on valentine’s day.
Egg Yolk – 1
Full Cream Milk – 3/4 cup
Cocoa Powder – 2 tblsp, unsweetened
Maida – 2/3 cup
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Butter – 2 tblsp, unsalted, melted
Egg White – 1
Light Brown Sugar – 1 tblsp
Icing Sugar to garnish
Chocolate syrup to garnish
1. Add the egg yolk, milk, maida, cocoa, baking powder and butter to a bowl.
2. Mix until smooth.
3. Beat the egg white until stiff peaks form.
4. Add the brown sugar and beat until stiff.
5. Add this to the batter.
6. Heat a waffle maker and pour the batter onto the waffle iron.
7. Bake as directed by the manufacturer.
8. Remove and garnish with icing sugar. Drizzle some chocolate syrup on top.
9. Serve at once.