A delicious, easy to make and light dessert for any occasion.
Maida (Plain Flour) – 500 gms
Corn Oil – 550 ml
Carrot – 500 gms
Sugar – 650 gms
Walnuts – 100 gms, chopped
Baking Powder – 2 tsp
Eggs – 8
Cinnamon Powder – 3 tsp
For the Cream Cheese Frosting: (Optional)
Butter – 200 gms, unsalted
Cream Cheese – 200 gms
Sugar – 4 cups, powdered
Vanilla Extract – 2 tsp
1. Wash and grind the carrots to a fine puree.
2. Mix the maida, baking powder, cinnamon powder and walnuts in a large bowl.
3. Break the eggs in a bowl.
4. Add the sugar and whisk well.
5. Add this to the flour mixture along with corn oil and carrot puree.
6. Mix well.
7. Transfer to a greased cake pan lined with parchment paper.
8. Place it into a preheated oven at 180C and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
9. Meanwhile to make the cream cheese frosting, beat the butter and cream together in a bowl.
10. Add the sugar and vanilla extract.
11. Continue to beat until smooth and creamy.
9. Remove and cool.
10. Spread the cream cheese frosting on top and garnish with walnuts.