Baby Corn Manchurian is a very popular Indo-Chinese starter/appetizer dish. Available in dry and gravy format, the dry version is the most preferred dish in restaurants.
Baby Corn – 200 gms, cut into small pieces
Corn Flour – 1 cup
Rice Flour 1/2 cup
Red Chilli Powder as per taste
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Spring Onions – 1 cup, chopped
Onions – 2, sliced
Garlic – 3 to 4 cloves, crushed
Soy Sauce as per taste
Red Chilli Sauce as per taste
Tomato Ketchup – 1 tblsp
Oregano – 2 tsp
Olive Oil – 4 tblsp
Salt as per taste
Oil as required for frying
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
1. Cook the baby corn pieces in salted water. Drain and keep aside.
2. Mix the rice flour, corn flour, red chilli powder and ginger garlic paste to a paste. Add water if required.
3. Heat oil for frying in a deep frying pan.
4. Dip the baby corn pieces in the batter and deep fry until golden brown.
5. Drain excess oil and keep aside.
6. Heat olive oil in a pan.
7. Fry the onions, spring onions and garlic for a minute or two.
8. Add the baby corn pieces.
9. Add soy sauce, chilli sauce, red chilli sauce, salt, oregano and tomato ketchup.
10. Stir to mix well.
11. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with coriander leaves.