Make juicy, crunchy and spicy Crispy Fried Chicken at home with this simple recipe. A popular recipe for parties, this dish is a classic when it comes to finger-licking fast food.
- Chicken – 450 gms
- Buttermilk – 1 cup
- Tabasco Sauce – 1/4 tsp
- Maida – 1/2 cup
- Sea Salt as per taste
- Black Pepper Powder as per taste
- Sunflower Oil as required
- Combine the buttermilk, little salt and tabasco sauce in a bowl.
- Arrange the chicken pieces in a tray and pour the marinade over.
- Cover and keep the tray in the fridge for 6 to 7 hours.
- Mix the maida, 1 tsp salt and pepper powder.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge and keep aside for a minute.
- Heat oil in a large and deep frying pan over medium flame.
- Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour ensuring it is well coated.
- Add it to the hot oil and cover the pan with a lid.
- Fry till the chicken has a rich brown crust and well browned.
- Pierce it with a knife to check if the meat is tender.
- The whole process should take about 30 to 35 minutes.
- After each piece is fried, remove the bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Transfer the chicken pieces to a serving plate.
- Serve hot with sauce of choice.