Moong Dal – 1 cup
Milk – 1 cup, boiled and cooled to room temperature
Sugar – 1 1/4 cup
Butter – 100 gms, melted
Yellow Food Colour – a pinch
Cardamoms – 5
Cashewnuts – few
Saffron Strands – little
1. Soak the moong dal for 5 hours.
2. Drain the water and grind to a smooth paste.
3. Heat a pan over medium flame.
4. Add the moong dal paste and reduce flame to low.
5. Stir till it becomes golden.
6. Add milk, sugar and stir continuously till it starts to leave the sides of the pan.
7. Add yellow food colour and mix well.
8. Remove and transfer to a bowl.
9. Garnish with cashewnuts, cardamoms and saffron strands.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !