Onions – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
Fresh Green Beans – 3 cups, topped, tailed and diced
Green Chillies – 2
Fresh Ginger – 1
Fresh Coconut – 2 tblsp, grated
Salt – 1 tsp
Oil – 2 tsp
Dried Red Chilli – 1
Black Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 2 tsp
1. Put the oil in a pan over medium heat.
2. When the oil is hot add the dried red chilli, black mustard seeds and urad dal.
3. Fry over medium heat, till mustard seeds splutter and dal is golden, for about 30 seconds.
4. Add the onions and saute for a minute.
5. Add beans to the pan and stir them into the seasonings.
6. Mix in the green chillies and ginger.
7. Cover and cook over medium heat till the beans are tender.
8. Stir in the coconut and salt.
9. Serve warm.