1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup ghee
2 tsp poppy seeds ground
6 green cardamoms powdered
200 gm dates (seeded and coarsely grounded)
1 cup refined flour
1/4 cup coconut desiccated
ghee for frying
salt to taste
1/2 cup sugar
How to make khajoor na ghugra :
* Rub 1/2 cup ghee into the flour.
* Mix in a pinch of salt and milk and prepare dough.
* Smoothen and knead the dough well for 15 minutes.
* Make small balls and keep covered.
* Prepare a smooth mixture of poppy seeds, desiccated coconut, ground dates, green cardamom powder and sugar.
* Make small balls of even size.
* Roll out maida balls into small rounds.
* Put the date stuffing on one side, fold to look like semi circle and seal the edges.
* Cut edges with fluted cutter.
* Make all the ghugras similarly.
* Heat up ghee in a pot and deep fry in batches till golden brown.
* Drain and Serve as sweet snack.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !