A tasty, popular and healthy South Indian pachadi variety with cucumber and curd. Often served as a side dish as part of a meal during festivals or special occasions.
Cucumbers – 300 gms
Curd – 200 ml
Salt as per taste
Green Chillies – 3 to 4, slit
Mustard Seeds – little
Oil – 1 tsp
Coconut – 1/4 cup, grated
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Onions – 2 to 3, chopped
Curry Leaves – few
1. Peel and finely chop the cucumbers.
2. Heat a pan over medium flame.
3. Add the cucumbers, salt, green chillies and little water.
4. Stir and cook for a minute.
5. Grind the coconut, cumin seeds, onions and curry leaves to a coarse paste.
6. Add this to the pan.
7. Reduce flame to low.
8. Beat the curd well and pour into the pan.
9. Stir gently and switch off the flame.
10. Fry the mustard seeds in oil and pour it over the pachadi