4 sheep’s trotters
1 tbsp rice flour
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 cup ghee
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 cup onions-grated
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
1 cup tomatoes-chopped fine
1 green chilli-chopped
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp garam masala
salt to taste
- Wash trotters and cut them into 2 pieces.
- Rub rice flour and salt and wash again.
- Place trotters with 2 cups water and salt to taste in a pan and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, adding more water if needed.
- To make the masala, heat ghee and add cumin.
- When it splutters add onions, ginger and garlic and cook till fat separates.
- Add tomatoes, green chilli, chilli powder, turmeric, garam masala and salt to taste.
- Cook till fat separates.Add the trotters and stir-fry till well coated with the masala.
- Add the stock of the trotters and more water (depending on how thin you want the gravy).
- Simmer for 3-4 minutes and serve.
This is not the actual recepie.. I tried it it didn’t turn good…
it is excelent
overall recipe is good. it will be good if add all gram masal while boiling paya.
It could have been much better the reason is adding more of garam masalas green chilli red chilli cup of ghee when the trotters consists of lots of fat. It u wish i could email my receipe