Samba Godumai (Wheat) – 1 cup, soaked overnight
Sugar – 3 cups
Ghee – 1 cup, melted
Kesari Powder as per taste
Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp
Cashewnuts – few, chopped
1. Grind the soaked samba wheat and strain well.
2. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
3. After 30 minutes, gently scoop out the clear liquid on top and discard.
4. Boil sugar with enough water till it reaches a two string consistency.
6. Now add the wheat flour milk (strained) and stir to mix well.
7. Add ghee while stirring all the time.
8. Add cashewnuts, cardamom powder and kesari powder.
9. When it starts to thicken and does not stick to the sides, pour it into a greased plate and cool.
10. Cut into desired shapes.
11. Garnish with cashewnuts.
image credit: harish-nandu.blogspot.comWheat Halwa,