A mixture of dark chocolate, spices and raisins.
Dark Chocolate – 50 gms, broken into small pieces
Butter – 1 tblsp, unsalted
Brown Sugar – 2 to 2 1/2 tblsp
Dark Golden Syrup – 2 tblsp
Buttermilk – 1/3 cup
Plain Flour (Maida) – 1/3 cup + 1 tblsp
Soda Bicarb – 1/2 tsp
Ginger Powder – 1 tsp
Cinnamon Powder – 1/2 tsp
Egg – 1, small, lightly beaten
Raisins – 100 gms
1. Heat butter in a non-stick pan over medium flame.
2. Add the chocolates, brown sugar, golden syrup and buttermilk.
3. Simmer until the chocolate has melted, stirring from time to time.
4. Remove and keep aside to cool.
5. Add the maida, soda bicarb, ginger powder and cinnamon powder to a bowl.
6. Add the chocolate mixture and mix well.
7. Now add the egg and beat well.
8. Add the raisins and gently stir until well combined.
9. Transfer the mixture into a square cake tine lined with parchment paper.
10. Place it in a preheated oven at 160C/320F.
11. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
12. Remove and keep aside to cool for 10 minutes.
13. Turn it over and cool completely.
14. Cover it in a greaseproof paper and store it in an airtight container.